About John Madrid
Home is where life-long memories are made and long-term financial goals are realized.
The place you live should be more than a house. I believe that the Seattle area is one of the most wonderful places in the world to call home and that the community you live in is as important as the physical roof over your head. I understand that buying or selling a home is a big emotional and financial decision. I know the joy of getting the home you want, but also the disappointment of losing the one you had already moved into in your head.
I’m passionate about sharing my love of the Seattle area, getting to know my clients, and making sure we get the best price and terms possible. I’m personally familiar with the many phases of home buying and selling, having been on both sides multiple times – from owning a home as single person, to getting married and buying “our” home, multiple remodels, having kids, navigating schools, and ultimately building a custom home in our “forever” neighborhood. I enjoy applying my experience from over 200 homes sales to working with all types of home buyers and sellers, across all price points and, in all types of markets.
The Business Stuff or “Can We Reach Your Real Estate Goals”?
- Seattle native with deep knowledge of area neighborhoods, schools, and market trends
- 2005 – 2018 Seattle Magazine “Five Star” Real Estate Agent – Best in Client Satisfaction
- Relocation and Luxury certified
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative and Accredited Senior Real Estate Specialist
- 15 years of sales, marketing, business development, and negotiation experience with local tech start-ups, Microsoft, and other Fortune 500 companies
- MBA from University of Michigan (Go Blue!) and BA from University of Washington (Go Dawgs!)
- University of Washington Certificates in Construction Management & Residential Design
- Familiar with local public, private, and parochial schools
- Access to a great team of lenders, inspectors, contractors, and designers?
The Fun Stuff or “Will We Like Working Together”?
- Son, brother, husband and dad – I’m a Seattle native and am fortunate that my three sisters and mom are still in Seattle. I love that our daughter (12) and son (10) get to spend quality time with their 8 local cousins, as well as my in-laws who moved to Seattle two years ago.
- We enjoy skiing/snowboarding in the winter, Maui when we need a break from the rain, and the San Juans in the summer. We love going ‘back east’ and spending time in NYC and Nantucket.
- Our family roots for all Seattle teams (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, Huskies), as well as the Michigan Wolverines
- We also love spending time with Lily, our Australian Labradoodle who is everyone’s favorite family member
I was always told if you can’t say it best yourself, find someone else to say it for you…
Caroline & Adil
John skillfully guided us through our first home-buying process, and we highly recommend him. He is warm and gracious on a personal level but also incredibly savvy about the Seattle housing market. He spent a lot of time with us, introducing us to the neighborhoods of Seattle and meeting us at a dozen or more houses that we wanted to see, and he was also quickly responsive via phone or text whenever we had questions, especially during the closing process. John anticipated our concerns and volunteered ideas and information that we never would have gotten on our own. We felt completely confident in him, which helped ease the anxieties. We are so happy with the home we bought, and we know John played a huge role in making that happen.
Alex & Jaclyn
John is without a doubt the best real estate agent you could work with in Seattle and surrounding areas. We say this as someone who has worked with him on three separate real estate transactions in the last few years, and most recently on a purchase and subsequent sale.
John navigated us through a very competitive buyers-market, eventually helping to negotiate an off-market purchase of our dream home. Not only that, but he was able to negotiate a contingent sale purchase offer that would enable us to get our existing home on the market. Five days after going under contract on our new home, our existing home in Ballard went on the market. In the time leading up to that, John was able to help us clean-up and rearrange our home to look it’s best for photos and showing. I’m confident that John’s marketing, keen eye for small details, and persuasive nature is what helped us get top dollar for our home. Throughout the process, John was communicative and reassuring, while also tempering our expectations.
I cannot recommend John enough to anyone who is thinking about it.
Ready to start working toward your real estate goals? Let’s chat!